The feed is the file that contains all the information that you will use to generate the structure that will define your campaigns, adgroups, keywords and ads. Just have to upload it to RocketROI and configure the information so that take whatever shape you need.
What does a feed consist of?
As we have explained before, the feed is the file that we will load into RocketROI, and from which the system will obtain the necessary information to create the structure and the configurations that you need.
To do this, this file must contain all the information you want to include in your campaigns. Some of this information is mandatory and another is optional; Depending on the type of structure you want to do, you should include more or less data.
The data that can be loaded into RocketROI can be of two types: static or dynamic.
In the static feed, the information must be stored in a file that is uploaded to RocketROI, and can not be modified automatically even if they need to make changes in the data. If you want to apply structure changes using the feed, you must do it manually, loading the file again with the modifications. On the other hand, the dynamics may include some fields that you can update (product prices, stock, etc.), and those changes will also be reflected in your campaigns.
Once you have decided the type of feed and the structure, you must select which labels will compose the feed, that is, what kind of information you want to include (product name, price, URL, category, ...)
We will use these tags to compose the names of campaigns, ad groups, keywords and ads in a massive way when we create the configuration in Adwords from the feed information.
Valid formats for your feeds
To use the tool, it is very important that the feed is set up correctly, and following some simple formatting guidelines.
Los formatos que el sistema acepta son los siguientes: CSV, XML y JSON.
The valid formats for a feed are XML, CSV and JSON. All formats can be used to create both a static feed (saving as a file) and a dynamic feed (using a URL). If you are going to create a static feed you must load it as a file. On the other hand, if you want to create a dynamic feed, you must do it using an URL.
Feeds in csv format
In case you decide to create a feed in CSV format (either by file or by URL), it must fulfill the following requirements:
- We recommend delimiting the text with commas (.CSV).
- The encoding must be UTF-8 without BOM, so that our tool can read the feed correctly.
- Titles / Headings in the feed can not contain spaces, or low bars “_” at the beginning or end of the text, or accents or special characters (only letters and numbers).
- The limit in the ID field is 255 characters.
- Text and URL fields must be quoted in double quotation marks (“).
- Price fields must be accompanied by a currency.
- The feed can not contain special characters (|, ¬, @ ...).
- The decimal numbers must be separated by POINT and not by COMA.
Below you can see an example of how a feed would look like in CSV format with the following tags: id, name, product_url, description, category, subcategory, price and discount.
In this case, the attributes that will be used for the campaigns, ad groups and ads are the product ID, the product name, the final URL to which the ad will be redirected, a product description, the category and subcategory, the product price and a discount if it applies.
According to this information, the structure can be built in Google Adwords, using in each case the label that is needed.
Feeds in XML format
Below you can see an example of how an XML feed would be with the same tags as the previous case: id, name, product_url, description, category, subcategory, price and discount.
Valid protocols for the feed URL
HTTP or HTTPS are the only valid protocols for the Feed URL so an FTP protocol is not accepted.
What information should be included in the feed?
The feed can contain as many labels or fields as you need to create a complete structure.
However, there is some mandatory information that you must have so that the load can be done correctly. This information is the following:
- Id: Unique product identifier (alphanumeric), this field lists each product of your feed numerically.
- Name: This field contains the name of your products.
- Product_url: This field contains the URL that redirects to your website.
Even so, there are many other fields that you can include in your feed that will help you in the creation of a more solid and complete structure. Here are some of them:
- Description: This field includes the description of each product of your feed.
- Category: This field contains the category that each product belongs to and this makes the campaign structures easier.
- Subcategory: This field classifies your product in order to create a more detailed and complete structure.
- Price: If you add the selling price of the products to your feed you will be able to associate the corresponding price of the product with each ad using a label. It must always be accompanied by the corresponding currency.
- Discount: Add a field for the product discounts. You could then apply them to each ad in order to increase the engagement of the customers.
- Stock: Add a field with the product availability to know if it can be advertised according to whether there is stock or not.
- CPA / CPL: Add a CPA target field according to each product. The RocketROI robot will use this data in order to optimize the campaigns.
- ROI: Add a ROI target per product so that the tool optimizes considering that value.
- Copy1 / Copy2: Add fields to your feed with the different descriptive lines for your ads. With this information you will only have to apply labels in the creation of the ads, when using the tool. The restrictions of the descriptive lines must be taken into account before being included in the feed.
- Name_Keyword: You can include a field where the keywords you want to add appear in your campaigns. So you can use them as labels in the tool.
- Additional Product Information: Add this field to give additional information about your product and use it as a label in the add creation process.
Still have doubts? Contact us!